Interrupting Racism Workshop
NCCJ St. Louis is pleased to offer the Interrupting Racism Workshop to engage the region in confronting structural racism via honest self-reflection and stronger communication across difference. This workshop has meaningfully engaged hundreds of people in exploring institutional racism and racial equity since it was launched in 2015, helping them understand their experiences of race and the ways they have internalized racial messages.
The Interrupting Racism Workshop draws from the curriculum of NCCJ's celebrated Dismantling Racism Institutes. Through short presentations, experiential activities, reflection and dialogue, participants cultivate a stronger awareness of their racial socialization, how it impacts their interactions, and ways to interrupt racism when it arises. Participants will:
- Explore the dynamics of bias, systemic racism, and racial equity
- Understand the connection between how racism operates in the world and in our mind
- Explore the dynamics of advantage and inequity around race
- Gain personal introspection, share others’ perspectives, and learn tools for allyship
- Develop and share a personal plan of action to interrupt racism
To find out about plans for upcoming workshops, or to bring the Interrupting Racism Workshop to your organization, please click here to email Dewitt Campbell or call him at (314) 432-2525, ext. 101.